Urban Airship provides a service for mobile application publishers (“Service”) which allows enterprise customers of Urban Airship (“Customers”) to provide content to individuals who have installed Customers’ mobile applications (“Users”).
Urban Airship adheres to the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Privacy Principles regarding the collection, use, sharing and retention of personal information collected from Users and Customers located in the European Union (EU) and Switzerland. Urban Airship has certified its compliance with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework. Urban Airship’s Safe Harbor certifications can be found on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s website at http://export.gov/safeharbor/index.asp. Urban Airship has elected to use American Arbitration Association to resolve any escalated disputes from Customers or Users regarding our adherence to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles where their disputes could not be resolved by first contacting us at email@example.com.
Collection of Customer Information
We collect information Customers provide directly to us through our website, mobile products and services or otherwise.
For example, we collect information when Customers create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, post information to our technical support forum, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect about Customers includes names, email addresses, billing addresses, phone numbers, credit card information, demographic information, company information, forum posts, technical information necessary for delivering our services, and any other information Customers choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically Via Our Website
When current or prospective Customers access or use our website, we automatically collect information from their computers, including:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect about our Customers.
Use of Customer Information
We may use information about Customers for various purposes, including to:
• Maintain and improve our products and services;
• Provide and deliver the products and services Customers request, process transactions and send Customers related information, including confirmations and invoices,
• Send technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our products and services;
• Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Urban Airship is based in the United States and the information we collect about Customers is governed by U.S. law. By registering for a Customer account or otherwise providing information to us, Customers consent to the transfer and processing of information to and in the U.S. and other countries.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Choice and Access Rights for Customer Information
You may update or deactivate your Customer account information by logging into your online account. Please note, if you deactivate your account, we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Urban Airship by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of such messages, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
Sharing of Customer Information
• With vendors and other service providers who need access to User or Customer information to carry out work on our behalf;
• In response to a request for User or Customer information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
• To protect the rights and property of Urban Airship or others; and
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
• If we believe a Customer’s actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Urban Airship or others;
• If a Customer posts any content to our website forums, we may publish this content and make it generally available to any user or visitor of our website;
• With a Customer’s consent or at his or her direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information about Customers, which cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual Customer.
Security of Customer Information
Urban Airship takes reasonable measures to help protect information about Customers from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Urban Airship, Inc.
334 NW 11th Ave
Portland, OR 97209